TEC093: We all have WiFi routers in our homes now, but is it secure? Dom, Pat, and Fr. Andrew give their best WiFi security tips for home setups, as well as the near-paranoid security you likely won’t need. Plus headlines and picks of the week.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Home Wi-Fi security tips – 5 things to check – Naked Security
- How to secure your home wireless network from hackers
- Apple will have iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7 randomize MAC addresses in the name of privacy | iMore
- How to allow guests to connect to your Wi-Fi network with a QR code
- Microsoft envisions ‘scoring’ meetings based on body language | Engadget
- Amazon Sidewalk is switching on in your Alexa app, whether you want it or not – CNET
- Super Nintendo Land will open in Japan on February 4th, 2021 | Engadget
- Twitter thread about correlation between scented candle ratings and COVID infection rates
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Amazon Prime Gaming
- Fr. Andrew: Circle Parental Control & Internet Filtering App
- Dom: SEYMAC iPad Case
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.