ACH106: Servant of God Mary Virginia Merrick never let her own disabilities prevent her from being Christ to those around her. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us the story of this wealthy 19th-century woman who founded the Christ Child Society, to serve the poor and needy children of Washington, DC and eventually well beyond.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Mary Virginia Merrick Canonization Cause
- National Christ Child Society
- Saintly woman not yet a saint – Chicago Tribune
- Christ Child Society, Washington, DC
- Mary Virginia Merrick – Shrine of Most Blessed Sacrament – Washington, DC
- Mary Virginia Merrick Canonization Cause | Timeline
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.