ACH121: The most highly decorated US military chaplain is Fr. Francis Duffy, a New York priest whose statue now stands in Times Square. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us about Fr. Duffy’s impressive intellect and his love for the men of the 69th Regiment he served in World War I.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Francis P. Duffy – Wikipedia
- Fr. Francis P. Duffy “…a very Irish, very Catholic, very American person”
- Fighting Father Duffy remembered fondly in New York City | National Guard
- Fr. Francis P. Duffy · The Great War and Catholic Memory · Archives of the Archdiocese of New York Digital Collections
- WWI’s ‘Fighting Chaplain’ Wielded Prayer
- Father Francis P. Duffy and the Fighting 69th
- Father Duffy Recalled as Chaplain Who Exemplified Love of God, Country | Catholic New York
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.