ACH131: Mother Teresa was one of just a few people to be made an honorary US citizen, and Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how this modern saint gave her truly Christ-like witness to divine love and the dignity of every life to all Americans–including the the most influential and powerful–on several occasions.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- National Prayer Breakfast 1994 | C-SPAN.org
- Right to Life Speech 1985 | C-SPAN.org
- President Reagan Presenting the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Mother Teresa on June 20, 1985 – YouTube
- From Calcutta to California – how the Missionaries of Charity came to the US
- Mother Teresa Honorary U.S. Citizen – Los Angeles Times
- How Mother Teresa Challenged Hillary Clinton on Abortion| National Catholic Register
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.