TEC224: Your email account is the golden ticket for scammers and crooks. Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter discuss how to secure your email accounts with tips, hints, best practices, software, and services. Plus TSA facial rec; why we’re all weather-obsessed; and a historic robocall fine.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Apple Mail Privacy Protection
- Block or Unblock Automatic Picture Downloads in Email Messages (Microsoft)
- Import Contacts to Gmail
- Export or Archive Contacts (Apple)
- Export Contacts in Outlook (Microsoft)
- Google Contacts
- Import or Export Mailboxes (Apple)
- Gmail Backup and Restore
- Back Up Your Email (Microsoft)
- Zoho Mail
- You can say no to a TSA face scan. But even a senator had trouble. (MSN)
- ‘We used to check every day, now it’s every minute’: how we got addicted to weather apps | US weather | The Guardian
- Robocall company gets historic fine from FCC over auto warranty calls (USA Today)
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Andrew: DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS
- Pat: Amazon Basics USB Type-C to USB 3.1 Gen1 Female Adapter and Anker (2 Pack), USB-C to USB 3.0 Female Adapter
- Dom: MagicBridge
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.